Quality is the # 1 priority at General Tool Company. Our QA staff insures that your parts will exceed your specifications and print accuracies.
General Tool has incorporated comprehensive data collection and analysis procedures into its quality management system. This process provides our management with meaningful data on MRB and other performance trends on a timely basis to expedite implementation of corrective actions, if required. In addition, program management teams work proactively in pursuit of process and system improvements with the goals of reduced cost and inventory, along with improved quality and consistency.
Our CMM’s have a 2 meter cube envelope and use PC DMIS software. The Faro Arm and Laser tracker have the Polyworks software package.
- ISO-9001: 2008 with AS 9100: 2009 Rev C Quality System
- MIL-I-45208A and NHB 5300.4 (1C) Inspection System Requirements
- MIL-STD-45662A / ISO 10012-1 Calibration System Requirements
- ANSI/ASQC Z1.4 Sampling Procedures and Tables for Inspection Attributes
- NADCAP Certification for Welding/Brazing
- NADCAP Certification for Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- NADCAP Certification for Chemical Processing
- Certifications – ASNT SNT-TC-1A 2011 Edition, NAS410 Rev 3
- Visual Inspection – ASNT ACCP Level III on site, (3) AWS QC-1 CWI on site. Inspections performed per AWS D1.1, AWS D1.2, AWS D1.6, AWS D17.1 & NAVSEA T9074-AS-GIB-010/271 and various customer supplied specifications.
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection – Level III on site, NADCAP certified, inspections performed per ASTM E1417, ASTM E165, NAVSEA T9074-AS- GIB-010/271 and various customer supplied specifications.
- Magnetic Particle Inspection – Level III on site, inspections performed per ASTM E1444, NAVSEA T9074-AS-GIB- 010/271 and various customer supplied specifications.
- Radiographic Inspection – Level III on site, NADCAP certified, inspections performed per ASTM E1742, ASTM E2104, NAVSEA T9074-AS- GIB-010/271 and various customer supplied specifications.
- Ultrasonic Inspection – Inspections performed per AMS 2154, NAVSEA T9074-AS-GIB-010/271 and various customer supplied specifications.
- Alkaline Cleaning – 1,000 gallon heated alkaline cleaning tank on site.
- Cleanliness Verification – performed per: GE Aviation Specification P4TF21
- Passivation – Per AMS 2700, ASTM A967