General Tool Company’s world-class precision fabrication group provides extraordinary capabilities to our customers. With nearly 3 dozen Certified Welders working in teams on two shifts, we perform aerospace, marine, and defense work to meet several welding codes. We are NADCAP Accredited for Welding, Brazing, and NDT.
Our modern fabrication facility has 30,000 square feet with a crane capacity of 40 tons. Our capabilities have been broadened by the addition of 2 Cloos 6 axis robotic welding cells with positioning tables for higher volume production.
Our 5 Axis Water Jet with 80,000 PSI cutting improves the quality of our weld preps and leaves no heat affected zone on the parts.
Our work envelope capability is very large as enclosed photos demonstrate.
- Materials: Aluminum, Stainless and Carbon Steels, High Temperature Alloys, and more
- Press Brake
- Plate Roll
- Straightening Press
- 5 Axis Waterjet
- Bandsaws w/ Mitering
- Iron Workers
- 2- 6 Axis Robotic Welders w/ work positioners,
- Blast Booth
- Full NDT
- AWS D1.1, Structural Welding Code – Steel
- AWS D1.2, Structural Welding Code – Aluminum
- AWS D1.6, Structural Welding Code – Stainless Steel
- AWS D17.1, Fusion Welding for Aerospace Applications
- AWS B2.1, Welding Procedure and Performance Qualification
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section IX
- NAVSEA S9074-AQ-GIB-010/248, Welding and Brazing Procedure and Performance Qualification
- AWS D1.3, Structural Welding Code – Sheet Steel
- AWS D17.3, Friction Stir Welding of Aluminum Alloys for Aerospace Applications
- AWS D14.4, Welded Joints in Machinery and Equipment
- ANSI/NACE MR0103
- ANSI/NACE MR0175